Tax Investigation Insurance
HMRC is giving individuals and businesses a harder time by:
- Carrying out more tax enquiries and compliance checks
- Selecting taxpayers for investigation at random or for no good reason
- Using wider powers to visit homes and businesses
- Charging extra tax, interest and penalties
- Allowing less time to pay any tax due.
Anyone who pays tax can suffer an enquiry or compliance check by HMRC. If this happens to you:
- You will have to prove that HMRC’s suspicions are unfounded
- HMRC’s detailed and intrusive questions will take time to answer
- A lot of work will have to be done to respond to the questions asked
- The enquiries can drag on for months and sometimes years
- Professional fees of hundreds or thousands of pounds may become due as a result
We provide a service to clients under which, in the event of an HMRC enquiry or inspection, you will:
- Receive the best possible defence
- Not be charged for most professional costs incurred in your defence
- Not have to concede to HMRC’s demands because of financial pressures.
By subscribing to the service, you will have the comfort of knowing that we can fully defend you at no extra cost if you fall under HMRC’s spotlight. Please note that any clients not taking advantage of the service will be charged for any additional costs arising.
Other benefits of the service
As an additional benefit, complimentary expert telephone advice can be obtained on:
- Employment law
- Health & safety matters
- General legal issues.
The advice can be very valuable, particularly to many business clients, and is available to all subscribers to the service who need it.
How do I subscribe to the service?
Simply follow this link to subscribe to the service and pay the amount due – that’s all there is to it.
You will then receive the full benefits of the service for the period shown on the reply slip. Towards the end of that period, you will be asked if you wish to renew your subscription.